Clinical Services Provided
The Free Medical Clinic provides primary health care services to qualified adults at no charge.
Services offered include:
- Primary health care
- Chronic disease management (i.e., diabetes and hypertension)
- Women’s health
- Gastrointestinal services
- Hepatitis C Treatment Program
- Optometry services (for diabetic patients only)
- Specialist referrals (limited)
- Healthy Habits Healthy Lives Wellness Program (HHHL)- Individual classes such as, smoking cessation, diabetes intervention, money management, healthy eating and cooking, etc.
When indicated, we can access free laboratory services and appointments with some medical specialists. All services are coordinated by the patient’s primary care provider at the Free Medical Clinic.
Excellence for Diabetes Care
We are pleased to announce that we are participating in a Bridges to Excellence program. This program is designed to provide the best overall care for our diabetic patients with attention to all aspects affecting long term maintenance of diabetes.
Cure for Hepatitis C
FMC is excited to be offering Hepatitis C testing and treatment for all eligible patients. We have one patient who is cured and several others in the program receiving medication at this time. The cost for treatment is $80,000 and provided free for patients who qualify.
Referrals may be provided for any services we do not offer, including:
- Dental Services
- Narcotics or narcotic prescriptions
- Addiction treatment
- Routine or job-related physicals
- Prenatal services
- Mental health treatment
- Pain management
- Emergency care